Sign up for Camp REC Session 4!
Camp REC is the exciting offering by the Glenview Park District and our partner, Wesley Child Care, for children K-8.
Camp Rec Session 4
Camp REC provides a school day camp option along with an option to add after care hours until 6 p.m. Session 4 runs for the entire Glenview School District’s last trimester, beginning March 8 and ending June 3. We continue to collaborate with Glenview School District 34 to align District 34 bus service with Camp REC pod locations. See below for more details.
The program offers convenient, self-directed E-Learning opportunities at various locations throughout Glenview, while complimenting the hybrid learning approach. This program is flexible and can accommodate any “Adaptive Phase” that the schools need to implement. Camp REC provides participants with Recreation, Enrichment and a sense of Community. Children are assigned to pods of 15 participants or less in a format that meets all health and safety guidelines for Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois plan. Our Camp Rec program is for Glenview Park District residents and Glenview School District Employee’s only.
Our program benefits families looking to schedule programming 5 days a week that alternates between in-person hybrid learning and asynchronous E-Learning. Camp REC pods will continue to offer campers recreational activities including indoor/outdoor games, arts and crafts, and fun age appropriate activities. Camp REC leaders coordinate the day’s activities around the campers E-Learning schedules. The number of spaces available for the program is very limited, based on space and staffing needs, so act fast to register. Reminder, this program is for Glenview Park District residents and Glenview School District Employee’s only.
Many school districts are now adapting to blended or hybrid learning plans. Camp REC is designed to help meet the hybrid schedules of children who are enrolled in Glenview School District 34. This program will also ensure our Camp Rec families that if Glenview School District 34 decides to implement an “Adaptive Phase”, campers can come to our pods and continue their education uninterrupted. Due to the complexity of each school district’s approach, we are not able to accommodate other school district schedules at this time. However, if your student is enrolled in GOAL or remote-only learning with another school district, we are able to accommodate your child’s learning schedule in this program.
- Camp REC will be able to accommodate all enrolled children in pod locations if there is a potential roll-back to remote learning
- Session 4 will run through the end of District 34’s school year (June 3)
- Session 4 continues to provide after care services for families looking for full-day programming until 6 p.m.
- Pod locations have been expanded to better cover Glenview geography and makes transportation arrangements more convenient
Session 4 Pricing
|Grades k-5||Grades 6-8||Additional aftercare until 6 p.m.|
|$227/week for the three day program||$108/week|
|Grades 6-8||$227/week for the three day program|
|Additional aftercare until 6 p.m.||$108/week|
About the Program
- Children will be supervised and assisted as needed by Camp REC leaders. At least two qualified leaders will be assigned to each pod.
- Parents and families are responsible for ensuring school engagement and completion of assignments.
- Families must provide their own laptop/tablet, device chargers and headphones. Prior to arriving, make sure you’re fully charged.
- WiFi is provided at all locations.
- Camp REC pods will include up to 15 children where space allows. CDC, DCEO and IDPH guidelines will be followed.
- Lunch and morning/afternoon snacks will be provided.
- After care provided weekly until 6 p.m. for $108 per week.
Camp REC pods will take place at various locations in Glenview including park district facilities and fieldhouses. Pods and locations have been expanded to better cover Glenview geography, and are placed in school bussing routes to make transportation arrangements more convenient. Assignments to the pods will be based on what school your child attends. Pods will potentially have children of mixed grade levels at the same site. We will not accommodate pod placement or location requests.
- Staff and participants will be expected to follow guidelines from CDC, DCEO and IDPH.
- Staff and participants will be required to wash hands frequently.
- Children will be required to wear a face covering/mask every day and maintain 6 feet of physical distance. Masks may be removed when outside and physical distance is possible, or when eating with physical distance.
- Participants must have their temperature checked before arrival and will be asked wellness screening questions.
- Cleaning and sanitation of surfaces and high touch points will be completed by staff each hour.
The Glenview Park District has worked with the Northern Suburban Special Recreation Association (NSSRA) for 50 years to provide inclusion services for our recreation programming. We are committed to building a community that fosters diversity and inclusion. Our Camp REC program is no different from our other programming in that we will provide supports to ensure successful and safe participation for the recreation portion of Camp REC.
We understand the need for highly qualified individuals who can lead our Camp REC pods. The park district will work with experienced program educators we currently have on staff. In order to provide additional staffing support, we are thrilled to be working with Wesley Child Care. With Wesley’s experience as child care providers, the park district will be able to expand our program and offer it to more families throughout the district.
The Park District and Glenview School District 34 have collaborated to align District 34 bus service with Camp REC pod locations. Parents will be responsible for morning drop off and evening pickup, but transportation will be provided to and from your child’s school and Camp REC pod throughout the day based on their school schedule. Parents will receive information about routes and stops for their child. If you have questions, please contact the District 34 transportation department.
The park district believes in making programs available for all children in Glenview. If you are in need of financial assistance in order to participate, scholarship assistance is available. Assistance will be granted to families who qualify based upon need. Scholarships cover between 25% and 75% of the total fee, dependent on financial need. For questions, please submit your child’s name, grade level and school to email@example.com or 847-724-5670.
- A deposit of approximately 1/12 of the overall program fee will be required at the time of enrollment via credit or debit card. The remaining program fee will be split into 7 weekly installments. The card on file will be charged each week on Wednesdays until payment is completed.
- A payment plan will be provided for you at check out and weekly payments will be automatically withdrawn.
- Withdrawal from the program will result in a forfeit of the deposit.
- Withdrawal from the program after the program begins will be allowed if provided in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Withdrawal during the week will result in no refund for that week.
- Withdrawal prior to the start of the next week will result in future cancellation of payments.