Stay Cool @ Back to School
Friday, August 26
Glenview Community Ice Center
1851 Landwehr Rd.
Enjoy one last chilly blast before it's time to go back to school!
schedule of activities
Pre-registration is highly recommended for our free lessons. Walk ins available if space permits. Click here to register.
5:20-6:30 pm • Learn to Curl (ages 12+)
Here’s a crash course on how to use curling equipment, game scoring, and an opportunity to play a game or two. No prior experience needed! Curling equipment provided.
5:30-6 pm • First Timers Intro Hockey (ages 4-6)
Young children can try hockey for the first time with a free professionally taught lesson! Rental skates are provided, long pants, gloves, and helmet recommended.
6-6:30 pm • Figure Skating 101 (ages 4-14)
First time skaters can learn the basics of figure skating and meet our instructors. Rental skates are provided, long pants, gloves, and helmet recommended.
6:40-7:20 pm • Learn to Speed Skate (ages 5+)
If you have prior figure skating or hockey experience & love to go fast, discover the art of speedskating! Rental skates are provided, long pants, gloves and helmet required.
FREE DROP-IN PLAY (NO REGISTRATION REQUIRED)
- Open Hockey (bring your own equipment)
- Broomball (wear flat, closed-toed, rubber-soled shoes. Equipment provided.)
FREE PUBLIC SESSION & SKATE RENTAL
- Skate with us while watching a classic, “The Mighty Ducks” on ice! Popcorn will be served in the bleachers upstairs.
FREE DRYLAND TRAINING DEMOS
- Learn how our off-ice training room can improve your skills in many sports
- Register for fall skating & hockey programs.
- Purchase your 2022-23 Public Skate Pass.
- Grab a snack, dinner and drinks at North Branch, open all evening.