diederich park fieldhouse rental
Diederich Park has a beautifully rustic fieldhouse with an open layout kitchen and large area for tables and chairs. Maximum capacity 30.view rental options
Diederich Park has a beautifully rustic fieldhouse with an open layout kitchen and large area for tables and chairs. Maximum capacity 30.
Features a play lot outside of the fieldhouse for children.
Two full-size tennis courts with backboard.
One full basketball court.
Dogs on leashes are permitted on paved pathways.
Spacious picnic area, with charcoal grills, for up to 50 people.
In July 1931, 1.5 acres in the Village of Golf was acquired partly by purchase and partly by lease from George N. Diederich, one of the original commissioners of the Glenview Park District. In March of 1950, the leased portion of this park was deeded to the Glenview Park District and formally named George N. Diederich Park. An additional 2.3 acres was purchased with a portion of proceeds of a $450,000 bond issue passed in 1958, enlarging this park to 3.8 acres. Capital improvements to this park made in 1958 capital were also paid for with proceeds of this same bond issue.
The original field house at Diederich Park was built in 1953. A 2013 renovation of this field house as part of the park district’s capital replacement program, added energy-efficient lighting, bathroom upgrades, new insulation, kitchen cabinets and appliances
Renovations of the playground and landscaping at Diederich Park took place 1992 and 2002 as part of the park district’s capital replacement program.
In 2003, the park district sold a small strip of unused land on the east side of the park to an adjacent property owner.